Barron F. Black Theological Scholarship
The Barron F. Black Theological Scholarship is for graduate students from Virginia attending Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria who are candidates for the ministry. Preference will be given to students from the geographic region served by the Diocese of Southern Virginia. Financial need is required.
- Supplemental Questions
- Denomination: What is the name of your association, conference, diocese, judicatory or presbytery?
- Name and address of the local church to which you belong or which you serve.
- Are you ordained?
- If you did not already address it in the personal statement submitted with your general application, what are your goals for your career in the ministry? Include evidence of your call to ministry and what activities have prepared you for religious service.
- A letter of recommendation from a pastor or minister who knows of your qualifications for ministry is required. How are you submitting this recommendation?
- If you selected "Upload" submit the letter here.
- If you selected "Email" click "Add a New Reference" to provide the name and email address of the person you would like to ask to provide the recommendation. Once you SUBMIT your application, that person will receive an email message asking him or her to log in to the online system to provide a recommendation for you. You will need to log in to monitor whether the recommendation is submitted on time. It is your responsibility to follow up with the recommender or select someone else who is willing to provide a recommendation for you by the deadline.
- Show 2 more